What Wake Forest University Stores Expects From You (Vendor Guidelines)
- Any Vendor representative who would like to meet with a buyer must contact us to schedule an appointment. Please refrain from “unannounced” visits.
- No Vendor forms will be accepted prior to communication with a buyer. In order for the process to begin product must be reviewed by the buyer.
- Vendors must complete a Vendor Profile Form and W-9 after reviewing these standards.
- Any Vendor delivery vehicle on campus must park in designated areas. Please do not park on any sidewalks or grassy areas.
- Wake Forest University is a client of The Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC). In order to produce products, for resale, bearing the marks of any The Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) client, manufacturers must apply for a license. To apply for a license or for more information please visit www.clc.com.
- If a manufacturer is not licensed and the products will not be used for resale, buyers must go through the Communication of External Relations office for approval and use of the University logo. Please email email@example.com or visit www.wfu.edu/identity for more information. For use of any athletic logo, on products not used for resale, buyers must go through the Sports Marketing Department. Please contact the Sports Marketing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.wfbrandstandards.com for more information.
- Wake Forest University Stores are royalty exempt. Wake Forest University Stores are institutionally owned, therefore, the Wake Forest University Athletic Department collects royalties directly from Wake Forest University Stores, eliminating the necessity for CLC’s involvement in this transaction.
Whenever we order new product our Sports Marketing Department may require a new sample. This is in order for us to protect our colors, our marks, ensure consistency and offer only quality products for our customers.
- If a sample is requested it needs to go directly to Sports Marketing Department, as they are requesting the product. Not through University Stores. We will not send any products to the Sports Marketing Department when requested.
- Any merchandise that is marked as a sample and is included in the Purchase Order units will be put checked in with the Purchase Order and put on our selling floor to sell. We will not short our orders for samples.
- Wake Forest University does not pay for samples. We consider this a cost of doing business. Please do not invoice any samples. If samples need to be returned please include a shipping return label.
What You Can Expect From Wake Forest University Stores (Vendor Relations)
- Wake Forest will do business with only those Vendors who have the capability and willingness to furnish quality goods and services and to meet delivery schedules according to the requirements of Wake Forest. Selected Vendors must be the best, most qualified and/or suitable Vendor to meet the needs of Wake Forest, while complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Evaluation of a Vendor’s qualifications must include, but will not be limited to:
- Financial soundness and responsibility
- Adequacy of facilities and equipment
- Engineering and technical competence
- Ability and integrity of management
- Record of past performance to include Vendor service, quality and reliability.
- Prices and specific information received from Vendors are to be treated in strict confidence and should only be revealed internally on a “need to know” basis.
- Vendors who have performed satisfactorily over a period of time are to be given every opportunity to retain our business on a competitive basis. However, should incumbent Vendors fail to remain competitive University business shall be moved to new Vendors.
- Whenever problems occur which could jeopardize relations with an established Vendor, the Vendor involved should be fully advised of such problems and given appropriate time to remedy the situation.
- Efforts should be oriented toward establishing long-lasting relationships with the best available Vendors.
Terms and Conditions
- Shipping locations are stated on the face of the purchase order. Wake Forest University Stores reserves the right to specify a specific delivery location. Any shipments delivered to another location than specified will be the responsibility of the Vendor to have redelivered to the specific location or reimburse Wake Forest University Stores for any charges in moving the merchandise to the specific location.
- Shipments received prior to start ship date without previous approval of Wake Forest University Stores may be returned Seller’s expense.
- If Seller fails to deliver within the time specified on the purchase order without notification in advance, then University Stores may at its option revoke and cancel the contract.
- The Purchase Order number must appear on all crates, packages, packing slips, invoices, and correspondence shipped or mailed to Wake Forest University Stores. All items will be accompanied by assembly instructions and operating and repair manuals, as applicable. Wake Forest University Stores count will be accepted as conclusive on all shipments not accompanied by a packing slip.
- The parts, material, and workmanship of all items are subject to inspection, testing and counting by Wake Forest University Stores. Wake Forest University Stores may reject for full credit or require prompt correction or replacement at Seller’s expense, including the expense of unpacking, examining, repacking, storing and transporting of any item defective in material or workmanship or otherwise not in conformity with the purchase order. Goods will be delivered to University Stores in new condition and undamaged (unless otherwise specified).
- The Seller warrants the quality of the goods sold and that such goods are fit for the purposes for which they were purchased. Such warranties are in addition to all express warranties and will run to the benefit of University Stores, its employees and agents. The Seller’s period of warranty with respect to each item will be at least as long as that of the manufacturer of such item, and Seller will honor same.
- Boxes should be numbered to indicate the total amount of boxes belonging to an invoice (i.e. 1 of 3, 2 of 3, etc.)
- Wake Forest University Stores require that all bar code symbols be printed in conformance with industry guidelines. The UCC-12 data structure is the most common code for item level identification. This data structure may be configured in different ways, however the structure will consist of a prefix number, the 10 digit item number and the check digit at the end.
- High quality bar codes must exist in order for scanning equipment to decode the information. However, if for any reason a product cannot be scanned, it is critical that all the human readable characters be printed with the bar code.
- If for any reason your company does not tag merchandise with bar codes please let us know as we will have to plan for the extra work and time of attaching the tags upon the arrival of the merchandise. The labor costs involved with the process of attaching bar codes may be negotiated at the time the order is placed.
- Whenever possible cartons should contain only one size of merchandise (i.e. all smalls in one carton, all mediums in another carton and etc). Mixed carton of different sizes can be packaged together in cartons if the purchase order indicates only small quantities are needed. All mixed cartons must be labeled.
- Shipping and Routing Instructions: We are currently participating in the PartnerShip Discount Shipping Program. Please disregard these instructions if shipping costs are absorbed (“Free Freight”) by your company. Once you have read the Vendor Standards and have sent us the competed Vendor Profile form and W-9 we will send you our PartnerShip shipping instructions in more detail.
- It is Buyer’s discretion to accept items shipped in excess of the quantity ordered and any over shipment may be returned at Seller’s expense.
- Invoices for merchandise sent to Wake Forest University Stores should be e-mailed as soon as the merchandise has been shipped. Please e-mail all Wake Forest University Stores invoices to email@example.com . If e-mailing is not an option please mail to PO Box 7717, Winston Salem, NC 27109, attention Wanda Lane.
- If you have questions in regards to payments for invoices please contact: Wanda Lane, Inventory Control Specialist, 336-758-5602 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vendor shall be paid after receipt of properly prepared invoices in accordance with Wake Forest’s invoicing instructions for merchandise delivered to and accepted by Wake Forest. Any adjustments in Vendor’s invoice due to shortages, rejection or other failure to comply with the provisions of the Purchase Order may be made by Wake Forest before payment. Discount periods shall commence after the latest of final acceptance, delivery, receipt of any required documentation, or receipt of invoice. Delays in receiving invoices, errors or omissions on invoices, or lack of supporting documentation required by the terms of the Purchase Order, will be cause for withholding settlement without losing prompt discount privilege.
- To receive payment vendors must fill out a W-9. Download the W-9 Form.
- Any Purchase Order to Seller is not transferable or assignable without the written permission of Wake Forest University Stores. Seller is an independent contractor and is not an agent or employee of Wake Forest University.
- Seller warrants that it is the sole owner of the described goods and that it has the unrestricted right to convey a clear title to the University free and clear of all encumbrances.
- Seller agrees to comply with all applicable laws and regulations of Federal, State and Municipal government bodies and agencies, and will defend and save Wake Forest University harmless from any loss or damage arising out of any violation of such laws and regulations, or by reason of actual or alleged infringement of copyright, patent, or trademark.
- Vendor agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Wake Forest against any and all claims, demands or suits by any persons and against related loss, damages or injury to property or persons, liabilities, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees), which may arise out of performance under this Purchase Order or the use, possession or ownership of the Merchandise related thereto, caused or contributed to by either: (a) the actions or omissions (whether or not negligent) by Vendor or Vendor’s agents or subcontractors including without limitation such acts or omissions, incident to the presence of the Vendor, its agents, and subcontractors upon Wake Forest’s premises in the course of performance under this Purchase Order; or (b) defective, unsafe or non-conforming Merchandise supplied by Vendor or Vendor’s agents or subcontractors; or (c) Vendor’s use and possession of Wake Forest’s property as designated in Section 16 below. The term “Wake Forest” as used in this section includes Wake Forest and its agents, employees, students, successors, assigns, customers and users.
- The Seller will adhere to Wake Forest’s Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy, which recognizes a moral, economic, and legal responsibility to ensure equal employment opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, gender (except when gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability (except when making reasonable accommodations for physical or mental disabilities that would impose undue hardship on the conduct of University business), or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran.
- Wake Forest University requires compliance with either the Workers Rights Consortium www.workersrights.org Vendor Code of Conduct or the Fair Labor association www.fairlabor.org Workplace Code of Conduct.
- The purchase order is subject to cancellation if there is found to be a Conflict of Interest between a Wake Forest employee and Vendor. Orders placed with any Wake Forest trustee, family member of a trustee or employee, or any company substantially owned (≥ 35%) by such person must be closely examined for any real or perceived conflicts of interest. A Conflict of Interest is deemed present for many reasons, including, but not limited to companies that:
- Are owned, controlled or actively influenced by any Wake Forest employee or immediate family member of said employee
- Employs any person who is a Wake Forest employee or immediate family of said employee in a management, consulting or sales capacity
- Employs, in any capacity, a Wake Forest trustee, employee, or immediate family of said person, who is in a position to influence the selection of, or conduct business with, such Vendor
Maps of Campus
- Please refer to the Admissions page for map information: http://www.wfu.edu/visitors/maps/
- WFU has an extended winter closure period at the end of the year. We generally give instructions to vendors to hold all orders during that time, unless the department communicates that they will be open and able to accept deliveries during that time. In many cases, you will need to communicate with the department to find out when someone will be available to accept the order, and who you should contact to get into the building, which will most likely be locked.
- In addition to the winter closure, WFU observes the following holidays: